Radiant skin starts with good skincare habits and healthy lifestyle practices, from keeping the premature aging aggressor better known as stress at bay to eating for healthy, clear skin. While beauty youtubers keep us up to date about what products to use on our skin, there’s less guidance about what to eat so we can optimize our skin’s radiance potential. Not to worry! The juice recipe below features easy to find fruits and vegetables that will get you to your #glowgoals.
- 1 Large Apple: This delish fruit contains lots of important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The antioxidants protect your cells and tissue from damage, which in turn prevents wrinkles and other side effects of aging. It also calms the effects of inflammation by increasing blood circulation and metabolism.
- 1 Medium Cucumber: This vegetable contains lots of skin-friendly minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and silicon. The silicon component is known for improving complexion and promotes overall skin health. Since cucumbers are full of water, eating it by itself will give you a good dose of hydration, which is needed for glowing skin.
- 1 Papaya with Seeds Removed: This exotic fruit is also rich in antioxidants, but the main benefit of papaya are its enzymes that are great for ridding your skin of toxins and purifying it to perfect radiance.
- 4 Stalks of Celery: This veggie is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, C, K, folic acid, chlorophyll, and magnesium. All these nutrients are great for optimizing skin health. Celery also contains lots of fiber and water, which is again great for purifying your skin.
- ½ Lemon: This citrus fruit contains Vitamin C, and we all know how beneficial it is for our skin. Vitamin C not only brightens our skin, but also delays the aging of your skin. The amazing vitamin also increases collagen production which makes our skin firmer and reduces the appearance of brown spots caused by aging and sun damage. Apart from adding it to your juice recipe, you can also add it to a glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach as an internal skin cleanser.
- Small Piece of Ginger: This root is rich in antioxidants, and it also has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is an anti-aging ingredient as it protects the integrity of cells, prevents sun damage, and improves skin elasticity. If you find the taste of ginger too strong, you can eliminate it from your drink and use it topically. Using ginger on your skin helps blur blemishes and age spots.
Combine all the above ingredients in a blender and pulse until they form a smooth consistency. Consider adding a handful of greens like romaine lettuce or spinach to support cell turnover which keeps your skin smooth and glowing (regular cell turnover is Naomi Campbell’s radiance secret).
Pssst… Avoid using sugars to enhance the taste of the juice. If you need a touch of sweetness consider blending in dates, adding a teaspoon of raw honey, or chasing it with a bite of orange after a few sips.
The above proportions will help you fill out a nice tall glass of juice, which can make for an evening or mid-afternoon snack. Feel free to experiment with different fruits to enhance the taste, though sticking to the above list of fruits and vegetables is the perfect shortcut to radiant skin.